A Task records a piece of work to be undertaken. Each Task has a status (Pending, To Do, In Progress, Done and Cancelled) and contains other information like a description and a due date.
You can link Tasks to People, Businesses, Activities and to Collaborators, providing a way for you to assign Tasks within your team.
How do I create a Task?
You can create Tasks from a few different places in Solomon:
- Using the Quick Create Button - it's visible from everywhere in Solomon;
- Using the New button in the Tasks table in Directory; and
- When creating or editing another record, like an Activity.
However you begin the process, a new Task creation window will launch. Follow these simple steps to create your Task:
- Enter a Title for your new Task. For example: 'Street Cleansing'
- Enter a Description. For example: 'Clear High Street of broken glass'
- Select the Status of your Task - this defaults to "To Do"
- The Estimated Start Date, Actual Start Date, Due Date, Completion Date and Duration (all of which are optional) can be added now, or when the Task has begun. It's up to you!
- Click Save
How do I link a Task to a Business, Person, Activity or Collaborator?
Open the Task and locate the relevant field (Businesses, People, Activities or Collaborators). Click into the field and start typing to find activate a search. Click on any search result to form a relationship to your Task.
How do I delete a Task?
To delete a Task you will need to have Admin permissions. Go to the Tasks table in Directory, locate the Task you with to remove and click on the trash icon to delete it.
How to use my Workbench?
Workbench pulls all your Tasks and Activities into one place, if you want more information on using this please see this article.