How do I create a new Person?
You can create people from a few different places in Solomon:
- Using the Quick Create Button - it's visible from everywhere in Solomon;
- Using the New button in the People table in Directory;
- When creating or editing another record, ( Businesses, Activities, Projects and Tasks)
However you begin the process, a new Person creation window will launch.
Here are some things you should know:
- First Name is a required field.
- Job Title, Address, Postcode, Phone Numbers and Email Addresses etc. are all optional fields.
- GDPR consent and Communication Preferences can be recorded if given.
- You can also give this person permissions to access their Timeline by selecting 'Person can login to Solomon' - for more details on this please see this article
- People can be linked to Businesses in three ways: as a Primary Contact for, Voter for and/or Other People for.
Pro tip: if a Person doesn't have a specified postal address the address for any Business they are linked to will be used instead when exporting for postal distribution
How do I link People to records? (Businesses, Activities, Projects and Tasks)
If, for example, you wanted to create a new Activity and link this record to a Person that you are creating/editing then you simply click on the Create button, (for example, in the image below, clicking on Create would launch a new Activity form.)
You can also add People directly to a Record by locating the People field and clicking into that field to activate a search.
Did you know?
You can use the search box at the top of the Person creation/edit for to find fields quickly so you avoid scrolling!